Hugo de Derneford
Hubert de Derneford of Suffolk
Walter de Derneford of Huntington
Philip de Derneford of London
Frances de Durnford
his daughter Mary of Durnford who married Arundel Likely they were then in Cornwall
Clement de Derneford of York
One thing to remember is the closeness of all the towns in the south of England. The Church was responsible for looking after the towns, and the Bristol Cathedral and Salisbury Cathedral both included lands around Cornwall, Dorset and Devon.
Hubert de Derneford Benefactor of Sibton Abbey in Sufolk in 1149
Sibton Abbey, an early Cistercian abbey located near Yoxford, Suffolk, was founded about 1150 by William de Chesney, High Sheriff of Norfolk and Suffolk. A sister house of Warden Abbey, near Bedford, Bedfordshire, Sibton Abbey was the only Cistercian abbey in East Anglia.
Sibton Abbey was founded by the normal complement of 13 monks, but by the thirteenth century the numbers of monks and lay brothers had grown, and the Abbey had grown rich, owning lands across southeast England, including estates in Norfolk, Suffolk and on the borders of Cambridgeshire, as well as within 10 parishes of the city of Norwich.
From the beginning of the thirteenth century the Abbey also hosted a hospital at its gate dedicated to St. John the Baptist which cared for the sick. The Abbey was one of the main religious houses under control of the Bishop of Norwich in the See of Norwich. Sibton's architectural style was in the austere Cistercian model.
In the intervening years, Sibton grew rich on proceeds from the wool trade, which built so many grand English churches. Although Suffolk wool wasn't of the finest quality, according to some historians, often stained with tar or grease, it was nevertheless in great demand, particularly in East Anglia, which had many Flemish weavers anxious to convert it into exportable cloth.
It would seem that Hubert was either known as Hugh or had a son Hugh, who
Hugo de Darnford gave this to the prior and convent of the Holy Trinity in Ipswich and the impropriation was granted 36 Henry VIII to Sir Thomas Pope Knight The grange and estate
called Derrnfords, in Foxhall Nacton Hallowtree and Ingulveston or Iselton belonged to the abbot and convent of Sibton and was by them grnated to Thomas Duke of Norfolk (1500 Book)
The records of Foxhall perhaps need updating
Foxhall is a civil parish in the Suffolk Coastal district of Suffolk, England, a few miles east of Ipswich. It is adjacent to the parishes of Kesgrave to the north, Martlesham to thenorth east, Brightwell to the east, Purdis Heath to the south and the borough of Ipswich to the west. The three parishes of Brightwell, Foxhall and Purdis Heath have a
Foxhall was recorded in Domesday as "Foxehola".
The history and meaning (`fox-hole') of the name Foxhall and many other place-names in the parish are studied in a paper by Briggs. The survey mentions 1 holding under Foxhall;
15 acres valued at 2 shillings held by the Abbot of Ely.
Under the heading of "Derneford", "which is no doubt Darnford in Foxhall, there was
80 acres and 2 acres of meadow, 3 bordars in Saxon times having 4 ploughteams
when it was valued at 40 shillings, but at the time of the survey 3 ploughteams only,
when it was valued at 15 shillings."
About Darnford Park
Situated either side of Darnford Lane, Lichfield, Darnford Park covers 190,000 square metres of public open space.
Walter de Derneford
1295 Walterus de Deneford a Juror for the Hundred of Normancross in the County of Huntington
Between Anglo-Saxon times and the nineteenth century Huntingdonshire was divided for administrative purposes into 4 hundreds, plus the borough of Huntingdon. Each hundred had a separate council that met each month to rule on local judicial and taxation matters.
Huntingdonshire was divided into four roughly equally sized hundreds: Norman Cross, Leightonstone, Hurstingstone, and Toseland, which respectively fill the northern, western, eastern and southern quarters of the county.
The hundreds were probably of very early origin, and that of Norman Cross is referred to in 963. The Domesday Survey, besides the four existing divisions of Norman Cross, Toseland, Hurstingstone and Leightonstone, which from their assessment appear to have been double hundreds, mentions an additional hundred of Kimbolton, since absorbed in Leightonstone, while Huntingdon was assessed separately at 50 hides. The boundaries of the county have scarcely changed since the time of the Domesday Survey, except that parts of the Bedfordshire parishes of Everton, Pertenhall and Keysoe and the Northamptonshire parish of Hargrave were then assessed under Huntingdonshire.
1282 Walter de Derenford (Walterus de Derneford) Serviens performing Military Service due from Robertus fil Pagani Muster at Rhuddlan on Sunday the Morrow of St Peter and Vincula 2 Aug
There are two births to be found in Nottinghamshire,
Custodia Agn' filie Will'i Stodeye.
8 Feb., 3 Richard II. [A.D. 1379-80], the guardianship of Agnes, daughter of William Stodeye, (fn. 27) late vintner, aged five years, together with the sum of £58 and 15d. bequeathed to her by her father, committed by John Hadlee, the Mayor, and John Ussher, the Chamberlain, to Philip Derneford, vintner, who married Isabella, widow of the said William and mother of the orphan. Sureties, viz., Adam Stable and Gilbert Purneys.
Debtor: Philip Derneford, citizen and vintner of London, Robert Colton, citizen and vintner of London, and John Hele, citizen and vintner of London.
Creditor: John Deeth, formerly burgess and merchant of Bristol, now deceased.
Before whom: John Stoke, Mayor of the Staple of Bristol.
When taken: 27/04/1380
First term: 25/12/1384
Last term: 25/12/1384
Writ to: Sheriff of London
Sent by: Chancery.
Endorsement: Reply of William Venour and Hugh Fastolf, Sheriffs: the extent appears in the inquisition.
, C 241/176/46, C 131/30/17. Date given for return to Chancery: 31/05/1388. M.2: "Inquisition made before us William Venour and Hugh Fastolf, Sheriffs of London, 26/05/1388". Philip has in the parish of St Mary at Hill in London a brew-house with two shops annexed for the term of his life worth £7 after expenses. He has also for his life in the parish of St Dunstan in the East in London, another tenement with two shops annexed worth £9 after expenses, and also for his life in the parish of St Magnus in Bridge Street, in London, a shop worth 26s. 8d. after expenses. Dorse: Memorandum that 06/06/1388 the property was handed over to the executors.
1388 Apr 16
Afterwards, viz., on the 16th March of the same year, came Nicholas Rote, taverner, and Gilbert Mersshe, "chaundeler," executors of the above William Stodeye, and paid to the above Philip the sum of £7 19s. 3d. for expenses incurred on behalf of the said Agnes during two years, saving the orphan's right of action touching the above sum of £58 and 15d.
With Thomas's son Roger the line was brought to a close. ...... in the morning to Nottingham (then held for the King by Reginald de Luci) surprised, sacked, ...... s wardrobe; and in November 1260 the King issued a writ to his Treasurer and ...... with the heiress of Durnford, where the six following generations had their ab
Clement de Derneford
1335 April 24
to the sheriff of York. [Ibid.] Richard de Kelleshale puts in his place Henry de Ingelby, clerk and May 10. Clement de Derneford to defend the execution of a recognisance for 200/. Co wick. made by him in chancery to Ebulo Lestraunge.
the County of Somerset.
Father John Arundell IV Treleigh Cornwall d 1400
Thomas Arundell 1394 of Lonhadron Cornwall, b 1394 m Mary (Francis) Durnford 1398, of Durnford Somersetshire England They married 1422
Sir Thomas Arundel was born at of Trerise, Cornwall, England. He married Margery l' Archedekne, daughter of Sir Warin l' Arcedekne and Elizabeth Talbot, circa 1417; They had 1 son (John).
Sir Thomas Arundel married Mary Frances Durnford, daughter of Francis Durnford, circa 1422; They has 1 son (Sir Thomas).
Thomas Arundel married Elizabeth Paulet, daughter of Thomas Paulet and Margaret Burton, on 17 December 1426 at of Hinton St. George, Somersetshire, England. Sir Thomas Arundel left a will in 1433. He died on 24 June 1443.
Francis Durnford was born at of Durnford, Somersetshire, England.
|Marriage Date:||7 Nov 1586|
|Marriage to Elnor Wellin |
|One of the old style pubs in Ringwood|
Nicholas de Derneford was a Bishop at Salisbury Cathedral
presence of Mm. Nicholas de la Wyle, precentor, R. de Ayremynne, chancellor,
T. Hotot, archdeacon of Dorset, R. Luflenham, archdeacon of Salisbury,
T. Bocton, N. Lambard and I. Sar’, canons, and M. ]ohn de Wotton
and Robert de Heyterbury, vicar-choral, ‘ submittendo se pro commisso ’ etc.
102 Same date. Nicholas de Durneford, vicar of the precentor, took the oath in the presence of the canons above-named, and other witnesses, ' visis Presentation of Nicholas de Derneford, parson of the church of. Buddesdene, in the diocese of Salisbury, to the church of Fifhide. Skydemor, in the same diocese
|St Nicholas's Church|
Biddestone is a beautiful village, situated in North Wiltshire, England.
It can trace its history back to Saxon times, although most buildings are from the late 18th century.
This part of UK was just so beautiful!
|Father||James DURNFORD||1749||Castle Carey, Somerset, England||18 Jun 1818||Castle Carey, Somerset, England||69|
|Mother||Sarah PENNY||1744||Bruton, Somerset, England||Jul 1828||Somerset, England||84|
|Self||Frances DURNFORD||28 Oct 1786||Castle Carey, Somerset, England|
|Sister||Ann DURNFORD||1780||Castle Carey, Somerset, England|
|Sister||Elizabeth DURNFORD||Mar 1782||Castle Carey, Somerset, England||Sep 1813||Castle Carey, Somerset, England||31|
|Sister||Jane DURNFORD||10 May 1784||Castle Carey, Somerset, England||1789||Somerset, England||5|
|Sister||Sarah DURNFORD||abt 1789||Castle Carey, Somerset, England||Nov 1864||Plymouth, Devon, England|
|28 Oct 1786||Frances DURNFORD was born||Castle Carey, Somerset, England||11|
|18 Jun 1818||31||Death of father James DURNFORD (aged 69)||Castle Carey, Somerset, England||11|
|Jul 1828||41||Death of mother Sarah PENNY (aged 84)||Somerset, England|